Oystade 100W portable solar panel overview rating
The Oystade 100W portable solar panel is Alright, but in my feeling, there are much better alternatives (Mobisolar).
- Excellent worth for funds in phrases of photo voltaic general performance
- 25% reduce output than Jackery
- No way to adapt the port
Yesterday I posted my assessment of the exceptional Jackery Solar Generator 1000. As a limited-fisted northerner, I like to know I have excellent benefit for money from the issues I acquire, and I have utilized this philosophy to most of the critiques I do.
Through the critique, I could not enable but observe a large amount of 100W photo voltaic panels on Amazon from random Chinese brands using the exact colour scheme as Jackery but £100 less costly.
I had a feeling that these may actually be the exact same product as the 100W Jackery Photo voltaic Panel, and my curiosity obtained the very best of me, and I purchased the Oystade 100W transportable solar panel (and later, the Mobisolar 100W Foldable Photo voltaic Panel).
- This solar panel is specially designed for better conversion efficiency and portability,a great companion for most portable solar generators and energy stations on the market place. Produced of large-effectiveness solar cells, convert up to 21.5-23.5% of photo voltaic electric power into absolutely free power.
- Equipped with twin USB ports (24W QC 3. + 45W PD USB-C) and a independent DC 18V port with connectors (DC 5521, 5525, 8MM, aviation plug, MC4 ), this photo voltaic-powered panel rates smartphones, tablets, laptops, lamps, power banks, MacBook Pro, iPad and more, 4 periods speedier-charging pace than normal. Significantly less time waiting and additional time enjoying.
- The make-in good IC chip intelligently identifies your units and maximizes their charging speed when shielding your products from overcharging and overloading.
- This solar panel is foldable structure with a manage, effortless to have anywhere you go. Two adjustable kickstands could be a little adjusted to get sunshine much better, which can get up to 25% additional daylight than flat laying.
- The solar panel is absolutely laminated, made by superior laminated technological know-how and long-long lasting ETFE material, produced for prolonged-term use more than 10 yrs. Apart from, it is drinking water-resistant to endure all weather conditions conditions, preferably suited for outdoor daily life or even surprising energy outages.
Anderson Port Adaptor
It is very achievable that there has been some user error right here, and I am just an fool.
Even so, the DC 18V cable integrated with the panel is fastened in put, and it is terminated with an Anderson port. There are added cables in the pocket, but none of these attaches to the Anderson port, so it was not doable for me to transform it to an 8mm port which would have authorized me to use two photo voltaic panels with the Solar Generator 1000
Performance vs Jackery 100W Moveable Solar Panel
I tested this in a few of environments, at residence and then on a canal boat. In my dwelling scenario, I found that inserting the panel in my garage home exposed it to the most sunshine. The dilemma is that the cable is very shorter, which built it extremely hard for me to run the cable down to the flooring. I experienced to sit it on my wall. Not great.
The peak output I saw was a minor more than 60W. in comparison, when I positioned the jackery panel specifically around this in the exact location, that developed a minor over 80W. That is a 33.33% in energy production from the Jackery even nevertheless they are rated the similar.
On the boat, all over the working day from 12 pm onwards, I under no circumstances observed the output exceed 60W (I only checked intermittently). It was nevertheless capable to give a excellent cost for the electrical power station, just not as excellent as the Jackery.
All over again not suitable, but the Oystade does charge a whole lot considerably less, so it can be forgiven.
Price tag and Alternative Selections
The Oystade 100W portable photo voltaic panel is approximately £170 on Amazon.
It expenditures the exact as the Mobisolar 100W Foldable Photo voltaic Panel, and that is the panel I personally like.
There are more cost-effective panels on Amazon, but these all appear to have steel frames and seem far much less moveable.
Then there is the Jackery 100W solar panel at £280. Technically this is bad benefit for income, costing 75% more but only manufacturing 33.33% more electrical energy. Even so, if you are the off-grid kind, then the skill to make as a lot electrical power as feasible employing a panel as smaller as attainable is quite very likely worth the high quality.
The Oystade 100W transportable photo voltaic panel is Alright, but in my belief, there are better alternatives (Mobisolar).
I am even now perplexed about the port predicament. I am not absolutely sure if it is a person error or a thing lacking from the deal, but I was not able to use the 8mm DC ports as there didn’t appear to be any way to convert the Anderson port.
The cable was also significantly shorter than the Jackery cable, which makes placement a bit additional awkward, forcing your to keep the panel shut to the electricity station.
Then, of study course, is the point that the panel produced 25% much less electrical energy than the Jackery panel. The Jackery costs 75% far more, so you can continue to conveniently argue that this is good worth in phrases of photo voltaic performance.
All round, when I imagine this is an Alright photo voltaic panel, if you are buying a random model, I desire the Mobisolar, which I will be examining shortly.
Final update on 2022-07-24 / Affiliate back links / Photographs from Amazon Merchandise Promoting API